The Center joins TED Future Forum as strategic partner
Established as an initiative under TED Countdown, the forum focuses on the role of business in accelerating solutions to the climate crisis.
The TED Future Forum is a community of companies committed to stepping up with greater climate ambition to help transform the global economy and create a healthy, prosperous future for all. The forum will work with its founding companies to identify critical business-focused initiatives where we can accelerate progress. TED will then tell transformational stories of both successes and challenges via TED platforms, with the goal of inspiring businesses across the economy to action.
TED Future Forum includes diverse industries with unique concerns — and all are seriously committed to the green transition for the long haul. The 13 Founding companies are: AB InBev, BCG, Bolt Threads, CEMEX, COFRA Holding, Ford, Google, Interface, Maersk, Mars, Nestlé, Ørsted and Siemens.
“We cannot tackle climate change without wholehearted engagement from business,” said Lindsay Levin, Countdown founding partner and head of partnerships + impact at TED. “The Future Forum is convening leaders who have the courage to change the way business operates — and to work across divides to do so.”
The Center joins group of uniquely positioned strategic partners
A subset of uniquely positioned TED Countdown partners are supporting the TED Future Forum initiative. Partners include the B Team, Environmental Defense Fund, Fundação Dom Cabral, Generation Investment Management, Global Warming Mitigation Project, Kite Insights, Mærsk Mc-Kinney Møller Center for Zero Carbon Shipping, Project Drawdown and Stand.Earth.
“It is exciting for us to join this community of experienced change drivers and progressive companies. We are all seriously committed to climate action but from different perspectives and that offers an opportunity to learn from each other and strengthen our influence and impact.” says Didde, our Chief Change and Communication Officer.
“We look forward to showcasing the Center’s collaborative model and demonstrate how our approach is making green shipping corridors possible around the world. They are a prime example of the progressive public/private climate action we need”.
About the 2023 TED Countdown Summit
The 2023 TED Countdown Summit will convene 700 leaders from the science, activism, innovation, business, finance, policy and philanthropic sectors. The Summit will include TED Talks that highlight real-world solutions at scale; Breakthrough Sessions designed to explore the tools and partnerships we need; and immersive offsite experiences with local innovators to see how the city at the heart of the American auto industry is building an inclusive, sustainable future.
The four-day event will include:
- Seven mainstage sessions, featuring 40+ TED Talks, interviews and performances
- Offsite “field” experiences, from visits to state-of-the-art EV and battery production lines and factories upcycling waste to meetings with leaders building the “black to green” economy, climate migrants settling in Michigan and policymakers working to change the regulatory landscape
- Breakthrough Sessions to scale collaboration, including working sessions on the transition to regenerative agriculture and how we fund climate adaptation as well as pitch sessions with entrepreneurs who are creating companies to solve the toughest climate problems
Featured themes and areas of focus to include:
- The state of science + progress: Where are we for the UN’s global stock take on climate progress, and how does this reframe our understanding and actions?
- Positive tipping points: Where are we making faster progress than we realize, and what are the most important breakthrough solutions to unlock now?
- Adaptive innovation: What will improve the resiliency of 3.8 billion people who face shocks in a 1.5-degree world?
- Bridging divides: How do we find unity in diversity and make progress despite our differences?