The Center joins TED Future Forum as strategic partner
Established as an initiative under TED Countdown, the forum focuses on the role of business in accelerating solutions to the climate crisis.
The TED Future Forum is a community of companies committed to stepping up with greater climate ambition to help transform the global economy and create a healthy, prosperous future for all. The forum will work with its founding companies to identify critical business-focused initiatives where we can accelerate progress. TED will then tell transformational stories of both successes and challenges via TED platforms, with the goal of inspiring businesses across the economy to action.
TED Future Forum includes diverse industries with unique concerns — and all are seriously committed to the green transition for the long haul. The 13 Founding companies are: AB InBev, BCG, Bolt Threads, CEMEX, COFRA Holding, Ford, Google, Interface, Maersk, Mars, Nestlé, Ørsted and Siemens.
“We cannot tackle climate change without wholehearted engagement from business,” said Lindsay Levin, Countdown founding partner and head of partnerships + impact at TED. “The Future Forum is convening leaders who have the courage to change the way business operates — and to work across divides to do so.”
The Center joins group of uniquely positioned strategic partners
About the 2023 TED Countdown Summit
The four-day event will include:
- Seven mainstage sessions, featuring 40+ TED Talks, interviews and performances
- Offsite “field” experiences, from visits to state-of-the-art EV and battery production lines and factories upcycling waste to meetings with leaders building the “black to green” economy, climate migrants settling in Michigan and policymakers working to change the regulatory landscape
- Breakthrough Sessions to scale collaboration, including working sessions on the transition to regenerative agriculture and how we fund climate adaptation as well as pitch sessions with entrepreneurs who are creating companies to solve the toughest climate problems
Featured themes and areas of focus to include:
- The state of science + progress: Where are we for the UN’s global stock take on climate progress, and how does this reframe our understanding and actions?
- Positive tipping points: Where are we making faster progress than we realize, and what are the most important breakthrough solutions to unlock now?
- Adaptive innovation: What will improve the resiliency of 3.8 billion people who face shocks in a 1.5-degree world?
- Bridging divides: How do we find unity in diversity and make progress despite our differences?
Curious to know more?